The Address Wellness approach to the management of health maladies begins with a detailed historical inquiry of cardiovascular, metabolic, hormonal, inflammatory, environmental and other contributing disruptive factors.
The central diagnostic tool is the Multifunction Cardiogram (MCG), which gives an insight into the health of the endothelium (the inner lining of the blood vessels), the presence or absence of early blockages in the coronary arteries, as well as the effects of inflammation and other external factors on the heart. Closely tied to the MCG analysis is the use of Central Blood Pressure kit, a tool which measures the blood pressure and pulse wave velocities within the aorta. These are important measures of the health of the cardiovascular system.
For lab testing, we use the standard commercial labs. However, we prefer the Cleveland Heart Lab profile which is known for its unique inflammatory markers.
Once the data collection and analysis phases are done, we usually make some “corrective recommendations” as outlined by the five (5) pillars below.
1. Biotransformation: This is an evolving concept. It may be as simple as a 10-day detox, or the adoption of elements of a time restricted eating plan. Or it may be as complex as the fascinating GlycanAge Protocol.
2. Nutrition: The overwhelming data shows that a plant based diet is the most effective diet in the reduction of cardiovascular disease. However, the goal of our program is not to create vegans. Rather, it is to find a healthy but practical diet that our individual client will actually follow. We may refer the patient to a nutritionist or we may guide the individual to practical resources. Select supplements may also be suggested.
3. Movement: The most effective exercise from a cardiovascular standpoint is one that combines resistance exercise with aerobic exercise. An exercise physiologist is available for consultation.
4. Hormonal balance: Hormonal balance is a critical component of good health. Cortisol, for example plays a major role in obesity and insulin resistance which are significant disruptors of cardiovascular health. Incidentally, restful sleep is part of the hormonal balance pillar.
5. Spirituality: Spirituality in the wellness context is all about mindfulness and presence. Connecting with one’s inner self within a fast paced world can be a revealing experience in stress reduction.a premium service.
Copyright © 2022 Address Wellness - All Rights Reserved.
Created By Fresh Ideas Designs